I'm a little less upset with the doctor I wrote about earlier. He made a point to speak to me when I came back in and he let me know everything that was going on. As long as he keeps me informed, I'm okay, although I still feel a little put off by not getting to be there for rounds.
I guess you could say that the team of doctors is working on a new game plan right now. They did another bronchoscopy this morning and informed me that the bleeding in her lungs is worse than it was last week when they did the first one. They also took some cultures, but they can't tell the results of those until later on. They have said before that they believe the condition of the lungs is driving all of her other problems and that the TTP is what likely created the bleeding in the lungs.
The doctors are thinking about trying some special form of vitamin K, which they sometimes give to hemophiliacs to help form blood clots. They worry that the blood clots might be created where they wouldn't be advantageous (or perhaps make things worse), but now that they know that the lungs are worsening, they want to be more aggressive because it has become obvious that the treatments up to this point have not helped. They are also starting dialysis sometime this afternoon to remove some toxins from her blood that her kidneys aren't removing, and they are going to stop plasmapheresis for at least a day because it doesn't appear to be helping her.
Jenni looks peaceful. She is heavily sedated and has had quite a bit of pain medicine. Now I'm just waiting for the doctor to talk to me about vitamin K and for visiting hours to begin again so that I can go sit with her.