Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Busy Morning: Lungs a Little Worse & New Breathing Treatment

This morning, the nurses noticed that her oxygen level had dropped, so they changed the oxygen mask a little. They added a tube on each side that should help keep the concentrated oxygen close to her mouth and nose longer. It wasn't a huge change, but it put her oxygen level back up into the normal range again. We have been joking about how the new tubes make it look like she has antennae, so Jenni suggested that I take her picture and show everyone her new mask. I didn't even know that she had a camera here, but she brought one for some reason.



When breakfast came, she tried removing the mask long enough to take a bite of food and then replacing it while she chewed, but her oxygen level dropped dramatically when she did so I broke a plastic fork in half and fed her through one of the holes in the mask. That was a fiasco... we only got about a fourth of her food through before we replaced the blue tube, but she did get in all of her fluids (sweet tea, apple juice, and a cup of water).

When the doctor arrived, he started her on a new treatment, a bronchodilator called albuterol. I'm not sure exactly how the drug works, but they hook it up to the mask so she breathes it in and it is supposed to help out her lungs. Her kidney functions are slightly worse than yesterday, but no worse than they were last week so it may just be a small fluctuation.

She is also off of the insulin drip, but they are still giving her insulin shots. I'm not sure if that's good news... it means she needs less insulin but it also means that they are poking her more often now.

Judi is visiting and she brought a friend from nursing school. We took some more pictures, so I thought I'd share. Jenni gave the "ok" on these as well. I'll post a slide show with pictures of Jenni in good health soon and I still plan on posting more information about the Adsense program later today. It has just been a busier morning than anyone expected.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi My name is Dee Pankey and I am a friend of Janet Daniels-Breeding. I wanted you to know that my family is praying for you May God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Hi this is carrie Parker Judi knows my sister Hannah. I am thinking about Jenni it seems like every moment. Sometimes I cry because I have five small kids this is my worst fear for something to happen to any of them. Me and my family are thinking about you and praying for you everyday. May God Bless You and Your Family.

Post a Comment

 

Jennibugg's Blogg. Powered By Blogger © 2009 Bombeli | Theme Design: ooruc