Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Early Wednesday Morning

I don't have an update on Jenni right now (and probably won't until lunchtime because of visiting hours in the ICU), but I wanted to give a quick update on the finances. I just read an email from Tracy Sigmon that really took a load off of my shoulders. Apparently, I can apply for shared sick leave. I was under the impression that I couldn't and was going to apply for Family Medical Leave (which is unpaid), live off of savings, and try to make money online somehow (starting with Google Adsense on this site).

I just wanted to thank everyone who visited the site yesterday. I've found myself coming back continuously just to reread the info on her conditions and medications. When there are so many it can be difficult to remember, especially when so many of them are acronyms or nearly impossible to pronounce. All of your traffic produced $16 in earnings and I greatly appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. I'm going to get ready so I can head to the hospital, and when the first round of visitation hours end I'll post another update.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Since you're trying to raise money, would you mind if I sent a message out on Facebook to promote your blog? I have about 300 "friends", and hopefully they would hit your site once to help. I know medical privacy is important so I wanted to get your feelings on it before moving ahead. I will also put a link to this blog on mine and include an entry if you're interested. It's not much, but it's a little I can do to help in your time of need.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way for both you and the lovely Jenni!
Lindsey

theoutsyder83 said...

Thanks Lindsey. That would be awesome. There won't be anything on here that we wouldn't share with anyone who asked anyway, so feel free to share with the world. I actually tried to hit everybody on my Facebook and Myspace accounts too, but due to only being able to send messages to a certain number of people at a time I probably missed someone.

Lindsey said...

Done. There's a link on my blog with your story in an entry (a condensed version). I also sent an email out to the faculty at WLHS with a link in hopes that they will visit as well. I'm sure you're up to your eyeballs in offers for help, but Johnathan and I are just a phone call away, too.

I'll be posting a note on facebook soon. I'm always amazed at how many people read those silly surveys and movie quizzes, so that will help :)

Keep your head up. You're probably the only person our age I know that has the strength to do this, and Jenni is blessed beyond to have you by her side (which I'm sure she knows). You can reach me at the high school if you need anything at all, even if it's just to vent.

Love you!

Post a Comment

 

Jennibugg's Blogg. Powered By Blogger © 2009 Bombeli | Theme Design: ooruc