Saturday, March 14, 2009

Crashing With a College Buddy and Updating Before Bed

Today was my last day in the hotel, but a friend of mine in Raleigh (Ben) is letting me crash at his place.

Jenni was still heavily sedated when I left. They are trying to reduce the oxygen percentage that she's getting from the machine, but they can't get it lower than 40% without her oxygen levels dropping dramatically and having to raise it back up to 40. She also started a new drug tonight called Rituximab (a chemotherapy drug usually used to treat lymphoma and leukemia). I knew she was starting a new drug but didn't realize that it was a chemo drug until tonight.

They also decided not to put in another central line at all. They are going to put in another PICC line. I liked that news because it is a much less serious procedure putting in a PICC line.

Jenni's sleeping... and I need some sleep... I'd give an Adsense/donation update but I haven't been able to sign in to Adsense all day... will post tomorrow...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

II Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear but of love power and a sound mind. Stay strong Jenni. Keep fighting. I love you with my whole heart. With everyting I have. And I will keep my promise. I will walk in May. Love you very much. -Judi

Anonymous said...

I don't know any of you as I heard about Jenni's fight via a friend of mine Sara A. My heart breaks for all of you, but there is victory in Jesus. I love the fact that we can lean on Jesus for ALL our needs, and even when we have to wait...He's ALWAYS right on time. So, for now, I give you the very scripture that came to mind as I read tonight; They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall run and not be weary and they shall walk and not faint. STRENGTH and muchhhhh prayer to you Jenni, Josh and your entire family.

Anonymous said...

Oops!! So sorry, I left out a portion of the scripture and didn't notice until I had already submitted it, and didn't give the reference. Sorry!

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles and they shall run and not grow weary and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Anonymous said...

Stay Strong Jenni. I miss you so much at Grandview. I will continue to pray for you and to thank god that he put you in my life. Much love, Wendy Lloyd

Anonymous said...

Jenni and Josh, my prayers are with you and I will continue to pray for you. Keep your faith and know that God is in control. Melissa Craven

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they are going with the piic line instead. I am also thankful the new medicine seems to be helping. I hope the other medicine they want to try helps as well. Jenni is a fighter and I know she will win this fight as well. I am glad you have somewhere else besides the hospital to crash and at Ben's seem like the perfect place. Get some sleep. We love you both and am passing the word around. My whole family loves Jenni so much and she has always been like a daughter to my parents. And the sister I never had.. We are praying and sending lots of love. Katie Nichols

Anonymous said...

Jenni-
Thinking of you as always.

Gretchen

Post a Comment

 

Jennibugg's Blogg. Powered By Blogger © 2009 Bombeli | Theme Design: ooruc