Friday, March 20, 2009

Unexpected Kindness from Chick-fil-A

I just wanted to take a minute to thank the Chick-fil-A on Hillsboro Street in Durham. Tonight the owner recognized Mr. Wallace and me as we made our pilgrimage to get chicken for the family. He came over to speak to us and asked us how we were doing as he remembered that we had been up at the ICU. As a kind jesture he offered a gallon of lemonade and cups of ice to make our waiting better. (He remembered that it was my beverage of choice). Such a small jesture just blew me away. I have always loved Chick-fil-A becuase they are a Christian based company, but today they showed compasion for complete strangers...... WOW.

Speaking of being overwhelmed..... as I have sat in the waiting room day after day, I have read your comments of prayer for Jenni and the family. It is overwhelming to know that we have so many people praying for her and this family. Thank you all for your prayers, they have given us strength and we are grateful.

With all my love and gratefulness,
Stephanie Wallace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We check the blog very often and pray even more. Our hearts are there with you.
Mickey and Deana Briles

Anonymous said...

I check this blog everyday sometimes 2-3 times a day! You all are in our thought and prayers!!! May God give you all the strength that you need. Again, your all in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

PRISE THE LORD for the kindness and compassion. We are praying!

Love,
Beth & Nic Hall

Post a Comment

 

Jennibugg's Blogg. Powered By Blogger © 2009 Bombeli | Theme Design: ooruc