- She has graft vs. host disease in her eyes and mouth (not the primary concern, but frustrating for her).
- She has fluid in her lungs, and a bronchoscopy showed evidence that there had been bleeding in the lungs as well (DAH). They are treating the fluid with lasix (which will also help her kidneys, from what I understand) and the rest with steroids.
- She has CMV, which appears to be the main thing affecting her lungs.
- She has TTP (thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura), which is what the focus of the treatments have been on. They're treating this with plasmapheresis. The doctors seem to think that this is the driving factor behind the other issues.
- Her blood sugar is bouncing all over the place. This morning it was 96 (normal range) but it has been as high as 500+. They have a bag of IV insulin running at all times.
- She has extreme joint pain in her legs that no one seems to understand, but that they have treated with diloted (hope I spelled that correctly). It might be because of the increased steroids, but it might also be due to fluid buildup from her poor kidney functions.
Hopefully we'll be able to generate enough traffic to help pay the bills. Notice the emphasis on traffic. Although there is an option to donate at the bottom of the page, all you need to do is visit the page to help us out financially (thanks to Adsense). Thanks for everyone's support and prayers!