Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Upset With a Doctor

There is some doctor in the ICU today who is really grating on my nerves. According to the sign in the hallway, visiting hours start at 9:00, but there is a doctor who isn't letting anyone into the unit at all until he finishes seeing every patient. They wouldn't let me in at 9:00 but they finally let me come back when Jenni got upset and asked for me. But even then, when the doctor got to her room, they kicked me off the hall. Somebody mentioned violations of HIPAA as the reason for clearing the hallway, but shouldn't the primary caregiver be allowed to be present when the doctor makes his rounds? I don't think it would bother me so much if Jenni was fully aware and understood what the doctor was talking about... but she's not fully comprehending everything and she knows it... and as I was leaving she just said, "No, I don't know what's going on."

I'm trying not to explode..........

Luckily, Martha (see the sidebar if you click the link; Dr. Chao was the doctor over her bone marrow transplants) was in the room when the doctors came through. I don't know her exact title anymore, but she's one of the head honchos on the ABMT team. She was able to stay and she let me know that they really weren't changing anything today. They're keeping her in ICU until her breathing improves and they're going to continue the Amicar and Enbrel medications.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Layne said...

Josh,
I hate to hear that, sometimes doctors get a "god-complex." It really is an ugly thing. Has Jenni improved any overnight? You and Jenni are in our prayers.

Grace and Peace
Layne

Unknown said...

Josh--
You keep your head above the water--she needs you and does not need you to be kicked out of the ICU--Just remember that we love you both--Corey and I--and we will be praying for you and Jenni, as I always have-- Thank you for keeping us informed--I know that you will continue--Go Tarheels! (made you smile)
Tina Wallace

Post a Comment

 

Jennibugg's Blogg. Powered By Blogger © 2009 Bombeli | Theme Design: ooruc