Monday, March 16, 2009

Quick Update

Jenni appears to be doing a little better today. I didn't get the visitation hours problem fixed with the patient advocate, but he was at least able to get me Jenni's lab work each day and said that the visitation hours would be addressed later on. Most of her blood counts were closer to normal range and they didn't have to give her a blood transfusion today. The only exception is her number of platelets, so they were giving her more platelets when I left a few hours ago.

She coughed up some blood this morning (which scared me half to death) but the nurse said that it might be a good thing. If the blood is fresh, she is probably bleeding more, but if it is old, it may mean that her clotting has improved and her body is cleaning out the lungs naturally.

Her team of doctors is meeting this afternoon to discuss quite a few things (such as continuing the Factor VII, doing another bronchoscopy, and what to do about the chest tube) but I haven't heard any of their decisions yet so I'm still in the dark. Hopefully I'll be able to post some more definitive results soon.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenni, It's me Mrs. Elaine from Rosebuds Daycare, ya remember me? Your sweet little teacher. I heard you had not been feeling well and I want you to know that I have been praying for you so much--You are a miracle girl and I love you. I use to see Judy once in a while when she worked at Goodys. You 2 were so good at the daycare, always sweet. Just remember God is in control of it all--Love ya girl

Post a Comment

 

Jennibugg's Blogg. Powered By Blogger © 2009 Bombeli | Theme Design: ooruc