Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blog Update, My Amazement, and My Gratitude

First of all, a few features that have been added:

  • A "New Comments" widget in the sidebar... now you can see the first few lines of the five most recent comments no matter which post the comments are posted on.
  • More pictures added to the picture page

Second, your traffic generated $218 yesterday ($1242 since we started this). Coupled with the extremely generous donations, I haven't stressed over money the way I might have without this resource and your generosity.

Third, you would not believe the cool stuff you can do with Google Analytics when you're stuck in a waiting room just itching to do something to get your mind off of everything that is going on. I added the Google Analytics html to Jenni's blog Sunday night and yesterday I found these facts that you might find interesting. I certainly did. On Monday...

  • the site received 1,235 visits.
  • each visitor stayed an average of 4 minutes and 16 seconds and visited 2.97 pages before moving on.
  • most of the people who followed a link to the site, followed it through www.facebook.com.
  • the site received visitors from 30 states (84% from NC but quite a few from Georgia, New York, Texas, South Carolina, California, and Florida as well... no more than 6 from any other state)
  • the site received visitors from Spain, Finland, Brazil, Switzerland, Latvia, and Canada

I am amazed at the outpouring of love and support from all over the United States and all around the world... and it is probably more widespread than this post suggests because I didn't insert the html code until March 15th. All of these stats came from just one day...the blog ran from March 9th to March 15th without any tracking.

To everyone who has spread the word about Jenni, you have my thanks.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

13 comments:

Our Sipe Family- Matt, Val, Gizmo, and Wallace said...

The analytics are cool... so IF I gave you my IP address could you locate all 62 times that I pulled up the site from 7 to 11 last night???
Call me when you feel up to it, or I will settle for talking to your mom-- she's a cool chick too. LOVE YOU!

Brad said...

Blessings and Peace to all of you. Know that our prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

On earth sickness is contagious, but Jesus Healing is contagious, because everywhere He went people were healed and still are today!


She's gonna win... I know it...

Anonymous said...

God is good, and this is a pretty cool feature (the analytics). Jenni has certainly touched a lot of people, and won't she love to hear it when she pulls through.
Still praying,
Kasey

Anonymous said...

Josh,
I am the secretary at Samaria Baptist Church. Our prayer chain was activated several days ago and our folks are aware of the blog. We will continue to pray for all of you as we await good news.

Anonymous said...

I too am praying for you and Jenni. (This is Pat Diggs, a friend of the family)

Anonymous said...

You, Jenni, and your entire family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Kyle & Kaylon Hovis

Anonymous said...

Judi, Jenni, and Josh,
This is Mrs. Brown (Donetta). I taught Jenni and Judi math at Temple ages ago. I love you all dearly and have been praying for Jenni for the past couple of years (Deborah Moore has kept me posted). I know you are all fighters. I saw that when the Lord took your Mama home. Judi, be strong and don't give up hope. Know that God is in control of it all. I love you Girls! Josh, I've never met you, but through this blog I have gained an admiration for your commitment and love to Jenni and the Lord. Keep the faith!!! Love, Mrs. Brown

Anonymous said...

You are all in my prayers. Remember that the Lord is in control and he is the King of Miracles.

-- A current UNCG Teaching Fellow

Anonymous said...

Jenni and Josh,
You have certainly been in our thoughts and prayers. Dan and Leeanne Peacock have been keeping us up to date. Dan called us last night and told us how to get on this sight. Technology today blows my mind. What a wonderful tool to keep in touch with. If there is anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask.
Love,
Neal and Kathy Rhyne

Anonymous said...

Jenni and Josh,
I just wanted to say that I'm praying for you. Josh, I don't know you, but I went to high school with Jenni. She may not remember me as we weren't really close but I remember having a class with her. I am so sorry she's going through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lesley Cafferata Geyer

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Jenni. The folks at Duke saved my nephew a year ago today - a brain tumor. God is guiding the doctors' hands, and guarding your family's hearts. Prayer works!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS VICKIE, I USED TO WORK WITH GEORGIE, AND I KNOW JUDI. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL BE IN OUR PRAYERS AND I WILL FORWARD TO ALL MY FRIENDS!!!! THE POWER OF PRAYER IS BOUNDLESS!!!! LOVE AND BELIEF, VICKIE SINGLETARY AND FAMILY.

Post a Comment

 

Jennibugg's Blogg. Powered By Blogger © 2009 Bombeli | Theme Design: ooruc